“MCA (Master of Computer Applications) is a professional master’s degree in computer science. It focuses on providing a theoretical as well as practical training to students in the related field.”
Welcome to MCA Department of Raisoni college of Engineering and Technology for degree and P.G Courses . We are dedicated to ensuring great careers for our students. There are several ways to present the canonical core of computer science which involves building deeper industry relations than before. Crafting a research culture from day one using the best technology’s available is one of the basic techniques.
Evolutions of technology changes rapidly over the years have industrialized to bridge the gap between theory – practice. Learning is a continuous process and does not end with the procurement of a degree. We ensure that our students are given a strong foundation in computer science with problem-solving techniques, and are made adaptable to changes.
We welcome you to the Computer Applications Department as undergraduate or post graduate student and we hope to be part of your success.
Computers have captured the world. Today there is no single field were computers have not left a mark.. The department aims at IT based Learning, Development of Entrepreneurship among student and become a Centre of Excellence. The Department places high priority on establishing and maintaining innovative research programs that enhance the educational opportunity and encourage a broad base of extramural support to prepare future generations of computer professionals for long term careers in research, technical development and applications.
Dr. U Sayeed is a Head of MCA Department at G H Raisoni Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur. Her research area includes Cloud Computing, Software Engineering, and Data Analytics. She hold double Master’s Degree in Computer Science i.e. MCA and M.Tech. She has a rich teaching and academic experience of 11+ years. She has more than 10 publications in various UGC approved Journals and National and International conferences. She is an Editorial Board Member and Reviewer for various Peer Reviewed Journals of Computer Science. She is also a member of various National and International Professional bodies such as ISTE, CSI, ACM, IAENG and UACEE.
Prior to this, she has a worked at various academic level positions in an Engineering College viz., Incharge HOD, Exam Incharge and Coordinator for various Technical Events. She believes in learning and updating the knowledge and therefore keeps participating and attending many National and International Workshops/Seminars/Training Programs etc. She has played an important role as Placement Coordinator too in her past experience. She strongly believes in team work which can result in overall development of the department in terms of creativity and innovation.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To become a center of excellence in the field of Computer Applications that produces innovative, skillful and socially responsible professionals who can contribute significantly to industry and research.
To create the skilled persons in building Software Products.
To provide opportunities to take up Research Programmes.
To provide opportunities to participate in design and development process in industries and society.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO 1: To progress their career productively in software industry, academia, research, entrepreneurial pursuit, government, consulting firms and other Information Technology enabled services.
PEO 2: To achieve peer-recognition; as an individual or in a team; by adopting ethics and professionalism and communicate effectively to excel well in cross culture and inter-disciplinary teams.
PEO 3: To continue a lifelong professional development in computing that contributes in self and societal growth.
PEO 4: Graduates of this programme will be able to demonstrate professional excellence in academia and to develop software solutions for the IT related problems of the society and industry.
PEO 5: Graduates of this programme will contribute significantly in the technological advancement through research and computer applications and be committed to lifelong learning.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
PSO1: Apply the knowledge of computer application to find solutions for real-life application
PSO2: Ability to analyze, design, develop and maintain the software application with latest technologies
PSO3: Utilize skills and knowledge for computing practice with commitment on social, ethical, cyber and legal values.
PSO4: Inculcate employability and entrepreneur skills among students who can develop customized solutions for small to large Enterprises.