Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally build environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. This branch is gaining importance these days as it takes place on all levels: in the public sector from municipal to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners to international companies.
Department arranges regular interaction with our stake holders like students, parents and faculty along with a Training and Placement cell which works full time for bright future of students. The results are consistently above 90% and considerable number of student ranks in RTMNU merit list. Students from Civil department have made incredible mark in national and international levels.
Mr. Laxmikant N. Vairagade is the Assistant Professor and Head of Civil Engineering Department. He has completed Bachelor of Civil Engineering from Amravati University and M. Tech. (Structural Engineering) From RTMNU Nagpur. He is associated with GHRIET Nagpur since last 10 years and having extensive teaching and research experience in the area of Structural Engineering, Concrete Structures, Surveying & Mapping, Land and Water Management.
He has authored many papers in International and national journals/conferences in the area of Structural Engineering, Concrete technology, Water resource Engineering, Surveying & Mapping, transportation Engineering etc.
He is having lifetime memberships of Professional Societies like Indian Concrete Institute (ICI), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Materials Research Society of India (MRSI), and Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (ACCE). Till date he has guided about 15 undergraduate Projects and 10 Post Graduation level Projects.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
Our aim is to impart excellent education and to develop the technical skills which help to enhance their confidence to take the challenges of upcoming technologies in Civil Engineering and inculcate the culture of social responsibility.
To provide conducive teaching learning environment through which the students learn the art of development, professionalism, competent and encourage towards research activity in the field of Civil Engineering.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO-I: Preparation: To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue post graduate and research educations in Civil discipline in particular and allied Engineering discipline in general.
PEO-II: Core Competence: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyse and solve engineering problems requiring knowledge of Civil Engineering.
PEO-III: Breadth: To prepare students with engineering breadth to innovate, design, and develop software products and to contribute in providing solutions related to multidisciplinary real life problems.
PEO-IV: Professionalism: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and team work to become a successful professional.
PEO-V: Learning Environment: To provide students with an academic environment that makes them aware of excellence and lifelong learning in emerging technologies.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
The graduates of the department will attain ability to:
PSO1: To enhance the technical ability in planning, analysis, design and maintenances in the field of civil engineering to became a competent & professional Civil Engineer.
PSO2: To enhance the technical skills for dealing and execute the various advanced technologies in Civil Engineering.
PSO3: To enhance the quality of material to be used in the field of civil engineering as an eco-friendly materials.