Diploma in Civil Engineering is a 3 years long Diploma certificate program. After passing 10th standard, students are eligible to pursue this program. Civil Engineering deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams and buildings.
Civil engineering is the division of engineering concerned with the building, designing, planning, and maintenance of the material and naturally built surroundings.
It is one of the oldest and largest branches of engineering. Civil Engineers are professionally responsible for overseeing design and construction of industrial plant buildings, transmission towers/lines, waterworks, river navigation, airport runways, skyscrapers, power plants, irrigation canals, traffic control infrastructure, dams, shipping canals, bridges, rail-roads, sewers and highways.
Nitin U. Thakare is pursuing his Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from RTMNU, Nagpur and also received M.Tech (Structural Engineering) from RTMNU, Nagpur and B.E. (Civil Engineering) from Amravati University.
He has 18 years teaching experience and 01 year industrial experience. He has authored many papers in National and International journal/conferences in the area of eco-friendly building and structural engineering. He has authored book titled ‘Mechanics of structure’ for diploma student. He plays many roles in MSBTE works and completed successfully.
Civil Engineering has its own place in a country’s development. To raise the life standard of its people, a country has to provide good infrastructure to its people, and civil engineers plays a vital role in this.
In our Civil Engineering Department we are imparting the basic knowledge on Building construction, structure, design, surveying and drawing. Apart from this department is committed for all around development of our students.
Infrastructure in India is going to be developed at large scale and high pace in the next coming years.
So, we are contributing to meet these requirements in the form of giving quality Civil Engineers to the society. Civil Engineering Department is looking further to provide good placement to the students in coming years.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To ensure that the diploma level education imparted in civil engineering constantly matches the objectives, defined by MSBTE to become globally competitive, technology led organization.
To provide diploma level education in Civil engineering conforming to the norms defined by MSBTE, to assist industry & community, to face the changing technological and environmental challenges.
Programme Educational Objectives
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) (What s/he will continue to do even after 3-5 years of working in the industry)
PEO-1 Provide socially responsible, environment friendly solutions to Civil engineering related broad-based problems adapting professional ethics.
PEO-2 Adapt state-of-the-art Civil engineering broad-based technologies to work in multidisciplinary work environments.
PEO-3 Solve broad-based problems individually and as a team member communicating effectively in the world of work.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
(What s/he will be able to do in the Civil engineering specific industry soon after the diploma programme)
PEO-1 Construction Planning and Designing: Perform optimal civil engineering construction planning and designing activities of desired quality at optimal cost.
PEO-2 Construction Execution and Maintenance: Execute civil engineering construction and maintenance using relevant materials and equipment.
N. U. Thakare published paper in IRJET Journal titled “ Design of zero energy building” and “ Partial replacement of cement and fine mixture by alternatives for Eco friendly concrete”
P. G. Sawarkar published paper in IJRESM Journal and IJSRD Journal titled “ Modification of building by Google Sketch Up” and “ Comparative study of compressive strength of M40 concrete by conventional curing and compound curing method”
P. D. Akarte published paper in IRJET Journal titled “ To determine the strength of existing structure by NDT method”
S. S. Pathan published paper IJSRED Journal and IJRESM Journal titled “ Advanced irrigation system using solar energy” and “ Earthquake resistant design of low-rise open ground storey framed building”
Students Achievements & Awards
Name of Event: MSBTE state level paper presentation
Organiser: Government Polytechnic, Bramhapuri
Paper Title: Zero Energy Building
Student Name: 1) Utkarsh Manwar
2) Shivam Tiwari
Secured second position with cash prize Rs.10000/-