The Department of Electrical Engineering was established in the year 2009. Currently, it offers a 4 year Under-Graduate program, B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering with a sanctioned intake of 60.
The objective of the Department is to impart Quality Education and Competitive Training that can make students as Professional Engineers who are ready to meet the needs of the industry as well as
society and adapt to the rapidly changing technology in various areas of Electrical Engineering.
The Department has well-qualified and experienced Faculty members with specialization in Electrical Machines & Drives, Power Electronics, Power System, Control Systems and Renewable Energy. The
Department has dedicated laboratories for academic and research activities. It provides the Students with an in-depth knowledge in fundamentals and practical applications in Electrical
Engineering, so that they can pursue for their career opportunities.
The Department conducts various Skill Training programs, Workshops, Seminars, Conferences and invites renowned academicians from IITs, NITs, IISC & industrial experts to share their knowledge with
the Students and Faculty for updating with the latest developments in Electrical Engineering. Department also encourages students for the participation in State and National Level project
competition like TECHFEST, DIPEX, etc.
Dr. Sanjay Kumar received his Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi, M. Tech. in Electrical Machines & Drives from Indian Institute of Technology
(BHU) Varanasi and B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering from Govt. Engineering College Rewa (M.P.).He has a teaching experience of 14 years. Currently, he is an Associate Professor and Head of the
Department of Electrical Engineering in G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology (Autonomous), Nagpur.
He has published more than 15 articles in International and national journals/conferences as well as book chapters. His research area includes condition monitoring & protection of induction motor,
integration of renewable energy with grid, micro-grid protection.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To produce capable graduate engineers with an aptitude and quality for research and leadership.
To enhance career opportunities for the Electrical Students through industrial exposure & promote interaction among industry, faculty and students.
To inculcate sensitivity toward society and a responsibility towards environment.
To achieve excellence in learning and research through continual improvement in both content and delivery of the academic programs.
To provide opportunities and ensure regular Skill Upgradation of Faculty, Staff and Students through training programs.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO1: Prepare graduates to provide a conducive learning environment that promotes the spirit of entrepreneurship in different zones of Electrical Engineering with high proficiency, good cost efficiency which will prove to be an asset in the technical sector
PEO2: Prepare graduates for work in core/other industries who are socially capable and incorporated with proficient and moral abilities
PEO3: Prepare graduates to show polished methodology, moral demeanour, correspondence and administrative aptitudes, cooperation and social obligation in their calling and adjust to current patterns by participating in deep rooted learning
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
PSO1: Demonstrate industrial practices learned through internship and solve the live-problems of industries.
PSO2: Utilize the skills in transforming ideas into hardware project and to protect intellectual property rights.
PSO3:Propose innovative solutions in the area of Power Systems and Electric Drives.