Diploma in Computer Engineering is a three-year (six semester) diploma course. The department of Computer Engineering started in year 2014. The Department has well qualified and experienced teaching faculty members with various specializations. The department has well equipped laboratories and classroom. All the computers are connected in network and free Internet facility is provided to students. We provide quality education with sound technical knowledge which will fulfil the current industry needs.
Ms. Roshani K. Dharme has done M.E (Wireless Communication and Computing) from Rastrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur and B.E(Computer Technology) from RTMNU ,Nagpur. She has working experience more than 16 years. She has guided many projects, prestigious project competition DIPEX 2019 has awarded two projects as first prize in Department category and Best Women Award for Technological Innovation.
Her research area includes security, algorithms, data structures, computing languages, system programming. She has authored many papers in international and national journals/conferences in the area of security, algorithms, wireless communication. She has conducted many MSBTE sponsored competition includes paper presentation, quiz competition, faculty training.
In our department we not only give emphasis on study but also apply our knowledge in understanding what computers are, what is its architecture, how to efficiently program them, different tools to write an effective algorithm, the interface between the computer and the user, the computer graphics, computer networking, managing the software database, software engineering and testing them efficiently and more.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To ensure that the academic instructions imparted at Computer Engineering Department matches the latest requirements of technology, industry and inclined the all-round personal development of students.
To provide high quality Computer Engineers equipped with technical knowledge and basic managerial skills, to face the challenges of changing technology in the industry and community.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO 1: Provide socially responsible, environment friendly solutions to Computer engineering related broad-based problems adapting professional ethics.
PEO 2: Adapt state-of-the-art Computer engineering broad-based technologies to work in multidisciplinary work environments.
PEO 3: Solve broad-based problems individually and as a team member communicating effectively in the world of work.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
PSO1 : Computer Software and Hardware Usage: Use state-of-the-art technologies of computer software and hardware.
PSO2: Computer Engineering Maintenance: Maintain state-of-the-art computer engineering systems and peripherals.
PSO3: Apply the skills in the areas of Networks & Cyber Security , Cloud Computing, Smart Systems & in the multi-disciplinary area of Computer Science Engineering.
PSO4: Demonstrate engineering practice learned through industry internship to solve live problems in various domains. software applications for problem solving.
Ms.R.K.Dharme presented paper in International Conference on Knowledge Networking on topic Improving qos for VOIP in Wireless Networks on dated 22-24 January 2009.
Ms.R.K.Dharme presented paper in National Conference at GHRP ,Nagpur on topic Object Detection work on static and dynamic background for Automated Video Analysis on dated July ,2015.
Ms. H.C.Kunwar presented paper in NCETET journal on topic PRESERVING LOCATION PRIVACY IN SENSOR NETWORK on dated 30 JAN 2016.
Ms. H.C.Kunwar got copyright certificated on topic DEFECT Management On dated 12 OCT 2020.
Ms. G.S.Akhade got copyright certficae on topic environmental studies on datwd 13 oct 2020.
Ms.G.S.Akhade presented paper on topic Manhole detection and monitoring using IOT on dated 20 MAR 2020.
Student Achievements & Awards
Department of Computer Engg. Organized MSBTE State Level Quiz competition.
Department of Computer Engg. Organized MSBTE State level Technical Paper Presentation competition .
Department of Computer Engg. provides a career guidance seminar to different school to develope awareness about career.
Quiz Competition Mr. Ankit Gupta & Mr.Satish Lokhande win First Prize (Rs.15000/- & Trophy) in MSBTE State Level Quiz Competition for Final Year (Computer Engg. Group) 2019-20 sponsored by MSBTE & conducted by G.H.Raisoni Polytechnic, Nagpur, Department of Computer Engineering.
Paper Presentation 2019-20 An Industrial visit to TCS, Nagpur was organized on 17th Sept, 2018 for B.E in Computer Science and Engineering, 7th semester students to understand on which technologies Software Company actually works.
Sanyukta Girhey, Pratik Bhongade,Rahul Ghata & Sakshi Ambadkar won the FIRST PRIZE at State Level Project Competition DIPEX-2019 at Shri Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nanded .
Shivani Mishra, Samreen Sheikh & Priyanka Bobade won Best Women Award for Technological Innovation (WATI) at State level Project Competition DIPEX-2019 at Shri Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nanded
Mranali Bopche, Ritika Gaurikar won FIRST PRIZE at PAROKSHA 2K19, National Level Paper Presentation Competition at G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nagpur
Ashish Ramtekkar & Anurag Tripathi Students of Computer Technology Department in G.H Raisoni Polytechnic, Nagpur shines in “MSBTE State Level Paper Presentation Competition 2019” At Government Polytechnic,Amravati.