The Department of Artificial Intelligence offers four year undergraduate B.Tech programme. Objective of this programme is to build the skillful and technically sound professionals in advanced learning systems that are based on processes of Artificial Intelligence as well as to prepare them for exceptional prospective fields and challenging roles in a futuristic industry.
This programme is designed to acquire the ability to deliver intelligent solutions to problems in a variety of domains and business applications such as natural language processing, text mining, robotics, reasoning and problem-solving. The right knowledge and skills along with lifelong learning prospects make this programme an ideal career.
This specialized branch is offered to enable students to develop smart machines with a cutting-edge combination like, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science and Statistics, Big Data Analytics, Computer Vision, Business Intelligence, Deep Learning and Reinforce learning, Robotics, Predictive Analytics using R, Swarm and Bio-inspired Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Genetic Algorithms, Fuzzy Logic and Systems ,Natural Language Processing, etc.
Dr. Smita Nirkhi received her Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science & Engineering Department from Nagpur University in 2017. She has a rich teaching and research experience. Her areas of interest include Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Digital Forensics, Cyber security, Pattern recognition, MANET, and Machine learning.
She has been nominated as a Panel Member Judge for Data Science Awards 2020 & 2021 in four categories. She has received accolade “Outstanding Woman in Engineering-2019” by Venus International Foundation.
She has authored a book titled “Data mining in cyber forensics: A Systematic Approach” by scholars’ press.
She has published more than 40 research papers in peer reviewed Journals and International Conferences. She is shouldering the responsibility of potential peer reviewer as well as editorial board member for many journals of repute and IEEE Conferences.
She is a Professional Member of the Computer Society of India (CSI), Senior Member of IEEE, Life member of ISTE and Internet Society. She has received a grant of INR 08 Lacs., under the Research Project Scheme from AICTE for her remarkable Research project.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To achieve excellent standards of quality-education by using the latest tools, nurturing collaborative culture and disseminating customer oriented innovations to relevant areas of academia and industry towards serving the greater cause of society.
The Department of AI mission is to produce students with a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The mission is to meet the pressing demands of the nation, and also to enable students to become leaders in the industry and academia nationally and internationally.
Programme Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives of the Artificial Intelligence Under graduate program are designed to produce knowledgeable AI engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of Intelligent Computing systems .The graduates shall:
PEO-I: Apply analysis, predictions, optimization, decision making and develop skills in order to formulate and solve complex intelligent computing and multidisciplinary problems.
PEO-II: Take up higher studies, research & development and other creative efforts in the area of Machine Learning.
PEO-III: Use their skills in an ethical & professional manner to raise the satisfaction level of stake holders.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
PSO1: Apply the skills in the areas of Health Care, Education, Agriculture, Intelligent Transport, Environment, Smart Systems & in the multi-disciplinary area of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
PSO2: Demonstrate engineering practice learned through industry internship to solve live problems in various domains and Software applications for problem solving.