Electrical Engineering is an exciting and dynamic field that deals with the technology of electricity, especially the design and applications of circuitry and equipment for power generation and distribution, machine control. Electrical Engineers enjoy a high demand service status in modern manufacturing and industrial processes. The need to cater to the ever-growing demand for trained professionals in the field has led to the establishment of the department at the G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering & Technology (formerly G H Raisoni Polytechnic, Nagpur). The department offers Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
The Electrical Engineering Department at G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering & Technology (formerly G H Raisoni Polytechnic, Nagpur) has been active since 2007. The department of Electrical Engineering has well equipped Labs includes Fundamental of Electrical Engineering Lab, Electrical Machine Lab, Network Analysis Lab, Testing & Maintenance Lab, Switchgear & Protection Lab, Electrical Workshop Lab. The Laboratories are well equipped with Latest Experimental and Computational Facilities. Industry Interaction has been increased with Industrial Visits and many students working in various Government, Public and Private sector industries. The department organizes Guest Lectures, Faculty Development Programme, workshop and Seminars in Various Specialized field. This is an opportunity to meet eminent speakers and exchange ideas. The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide a good practical learning and innovative environment for the students.
Mr. M. G. Yadav received his M.Tech (Integrated Power System) and B.E Degree (Electrical Engineering) from RTMNU, Nagpur. Currently he is working as a Assistant Professor and Head of Electrical Engineering Department in G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering & Technology, Nagpur (formerly known as G H Raisoni Polytechnic, Nagpur) from last 06 years.
He has various publication in National/ International journals. He has more than 8 years of teaching experience. He is also member of IAENG (International Association of Engineers). He believes in the fact that the polytechnic curriculum emphasizes the basic principles of the discipline and educates a student in the use of these principles to solve simple to complex engineering problems.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To ensure that, the diploma level education imparted in Electrical engineering constantly matches the objectives, defined by MSBTE to become globally competitive, technology led organization.
To provide diploma level education in Electrical engineering conforming to the norms defined by MSBTE , to assist industry & community, to face the changing technological and environmental challenges.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO1: Provide socially responsible, environment friendly solution to Electrical Engineering related broad-based problems adapting professional ethics.
PEO2: Adapt state-of-the-art Electrical engineering broad-based technologies to work in multi-disciplinary work environments.
PEO3: Solve broad-based problems individually and as a team member communicating effectively in the world of work.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
PSO1: Electrical Equipment: Maintain various types of rotating and static electrical equipment.
PSO2. Electric Power Systems: maintain different types of electrical power system.