The most diverse of the engineering fields, Mechanical Engineering influences almost all facets of our life and involves several specializations. It lies at the crossroads of all the engineering disciplines. Mechanical Engineering deals with a wide variety of scientific and technological challenges, in the field of design, manufacturing, power generation, control and automation, computer simulation, environment protection, building services, aerospace and many more. Mechanical Engineering Department of GHRIET not only harvests scholars to design machines that are safe, reliable, and efficient, but also make aware of latest manufacturing technology to manufacture products. The department has well equipped laboratories and workshop facilities with modern sophisticated equipment. The state-of-art is learned to create skilled personal using latest machineries like 3D Printing, CNC, Robotics & High-end commercial Software. Objective of the undergraduate program is to prepare the manpower that is globally best. The department seeks an opportunity to play a major role in producing employable engineers. We strive to ensure that all our undergraduate students have a strong education with teaming and leadership skills, involvement in student activities, and the practical background and internship experience. We believe that emphasizing these areas will make our students well qualified to take leadership roles in the future.
Mr. Tejpal C Parshiwanikar pursuing his Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical Engineering from RTM Nagpur University, completed M. Tech. (MED), MBA (Manufacturing Management) and B.E (Mechanical Engineering) degree from RTMNU, Nagpur. He is working in G. H. Raisoni Institute of Engineering & Technology, Nagpur, from past 10 years. He has authored many papers in International and National journals/conferences in the area of Machine Design, CAD/CAM & Production etc. Currently, He is Assistant Professor and Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering of G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology (Autonomous), Nagpur.
He has more than 8 publications in journals and conferences and 4 registered copyrights. He has lifetime membership of ISTE and IAENG.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To create excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering by imparting quality education so as to develop our students to be capable of facing technological challenges
To adopt strict teaching learning monitoring system.
Provide high quality, innovative, and responsive education
Programme Educational Objectives
To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue post graduate and research educations in Mechanical Engineering discipline in particular and allied Engineering discipline in general.
PEO-II: Core Competence:
To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyse and solve engineering problems requiring knowledge of Mechanical Engineering.
To prepare students with engineering breadth to innovate, design, and develop software products and to contribute in providing solutions related to multidisciplinary real life problems.
To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and team work to become a successful professional.
PEO-V: Learning Environment:
To provide students with an academic environment that makes them aware of excellence and lifelong learning in emerging technologies.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
The graduates of the department will attain ability to:
PSO1: Apply knowledge in the field of Machine Design, Thermal and Manufacturing Engineering to solve engineering problems by utilizing advanced technology.
PSO2: Prepare students for successful careers in industry that meets the needs of Industries.
PSO3: Respond to the demand of the society by engaging in lifelong learning
Dr. Himanshu Bisaria Asst. Professor, Mech. Eng. Dept. has recently published One SCI paper, title on “Wire Electric Discharge Machining Induced Surface Integrity for Ni55.95Ti44.05 Shape Memory Alloy” Journal Process Mechanical Engineering on 28 July 2020.
Dr. Achal S. Shahare, Professor and Mr. Nilesh C Kanojiya, Asst. Professor, Mech. Eng. Dept. received BEST PAPER AWARD (Paper ID: Track2/ME/282) at “2nd International Conference on Green Energy for Sustainable Development (ICGESD-2020)” Sponsored by AICTE, Organized by Govt. Polytechnic Nagpur and MSBTE from 28th-29th February, 2020.
Dr. Achal S. Shahare, Professor, Mech. Eng. Dept. Invited as an Expert at IIT Delhi Industry Days “ Accelerating innovation in science & technology” on 21st Sept. 2019
Dr. Achal S Shahare Invited as Keynote Speaker for National Conference on “Futuristic trends in Mechanical Engineering”, on 1st March 2019 Organized by Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg Chhattishgad
Dr. Achal S. Shahare, Professor a and Mr. Prashant Awachat, Asst. Professor, Mech. Eng. Dept has bagged the Best Innovative Idea award at Product Design and Innovation Workshop organized on 18-19 December, 2015, at IIT Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
Dr. Achal S. Shahare, Professor and Mr. Nilesh C Kanojiya, Asst. Professor, Mech. Eng. Dept. filed Patent on “"Secondary Braking System in Two Wheeler" (Application No - 201821009469).
More than 24 copyright had registered from the Faculty of Department.
More than 50 Papers are published by the Faculty of Department on various international/ national conferences and journals (like in SCI/SCOPUS Journals etc.).
Faculty members are attended various programmes organized by NIT/IITs/Govt/Non-Gov Institute for self-improvement and getting knowledge on recent technology, programme like, STTP, Workshop on technical topics, NPTEL courses, FDP, Skill Training Programme etc.
Faculty members are the members of different professional society like, ASME ISTE, SESI, ISHRAE, IAENG etc.
Many Faculty members of the Department are conducting Skill Development Programme for Students like in, 3D Printing Design and applications, Training on CNC Lathe and Milling Machines, Advanced Manufacturing, AIML etc.