The Department of Mechanical Engineering of Best Diploma in Mechanical Engineering College in Nagpur from the day of its inception has been taking long strides in the field of science and Engineering. One of the oldest and active departments anticipated the rapid developments in technology and software and provided the most sophisticated laboratory facilities & excellent infrastructure. The department has well qualified dedicated enthusiastic teaching & technical staff.
Welcome to the Diploma in Mechanical Department of Best Engineering College in Nagpur, GHRIET
Mr Vijay V Kale has done his Post Graduation in heat and Power Engineering from VNIT Nagpur and Graduation in Mechanical Engineering also from VNIT Nagpur. He works for 31 years in G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nagpur during this he handled various portfolios like acting Principal, Vice Principal, MSBTE Exam In-charge, MSBTE RAC In-charge, He has authored papers in International and national journals/conferences in the area of Cost of Quality, Heat and Power. He is Associate Dean (Poly) and Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering (Polytechnic) of one of the top Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Colleges in Nagpur- G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology (Autonomous), Nagpur.
His research in the area includes the cost of quality, Heat and Power, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. He is the recipient of the Best Teacher Award. He has more than 30 years of teaching experience.
He plays a very important role in the academics activity of Polytechnic. He always tries to provide our students with a cheerful, productive and satisfying experience at all levels of their programme of studies so that they can explore the amazing world of Mechanical Engineering.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To ensure that, the diploma level education imparted in Mechanical Engineering constantly matches the objectives, defined by MSBTE to become globally competitive, technology led organization.
To provide diploma level education in Mechanical Engineering conforming to the norms defined by MSBTE, to assist industry & community, to face the changing technological and environmental challenges.
Programme Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Mechanical Engineering programme are designed to produce competent engineers who shall
Apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
Design and analyze a system component, or process to meet desired needs in Mechanical Engineering.
Design a system and conduct experiments to find suitable solution in the field of mechanical engineering.
Identify, visualize, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of mechanical Engineering.
Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice with appropriate considerations for societal, and environmental constraints.
Apply their fundamental field skills towards the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on the society in a global and social context.
Impart knowledge of contemporary issues about society and environment.
Apply ethical principles and responsibilities during professional practice.
Function on multi disciplinary teams as a team member/leader and create user friendly environment.
Communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal, team, and group environments.
Apply the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering projects.
Recognize the need for professional advancement by engaging in lifelong learning.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
One of the oldest branches in the field of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering is the study of Machines and Mechanical systems. A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is also known as a Polytechnic course in Mechanical Engineering is a 3-year course. This course can be pursued directly after class 10 within numerous other entry sources as well. A Diploma aims at mastering the practical knowledge of the students with a practical approach. A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering teaches various domains of the stream like combustion engine and automation to name a few. With the regular revision of the syllabus, Polytechnic courses are always up to date with the latest in the field of Engineering. GH Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nagpur is among the top Diploma in Mechanical Engineering colleges in Nagpur.
Eligibility for Polytechnic in Mechanical Engineering
To get admission in a Diploma course in our Diploma in Mechanical Engineering College in Nagpur, here are the eligibility criteria,
A candidate should’ve passed the class 10 examination or its equivalent from a recognized board
The candidate must register for and appear in the entrance examination conducted by the state. (Most states don’t conduct one).
If the candidate’s state or the state he/she wants to get admission in a college does not conduct an entrance examination, the candidate must register for the counselling rounds.
These rounds are similar to the ones conducted for BE/BTech admissions and are based on either the state conducted entrance exam or class 10 marks.
During the counselling session, the candidate must list down his or her preferences of college and branch.
As said in the beginning, there are other entry sources to a Diploma course as well. You can get admission directly into the second year of a Diploma course after completing class 12 or an ITI course. The process for admission is the same but carried out in a completely different counselling session in every state. All Diploma Engineering colleges in Nagpur including GHRIET, Nagpur take part in these counselling processes and are available to pick.
The faculty of the Department of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is headed by Mr Vjay Kale. He’s not only an exceptional lecturer but also an Engineer who did his graduation and post-graduation from the reputed VNIT Nagpur. Mr Kale is known for his excellent practical knowledge and impressive style of teaching. Like him, the rest of the faculty at the Mechanical Engineering Department are among the best in the state and have helped develop a successful teaching model. Our lecturers are well equipped with the knowledge and the mediums to transfer it to the students. Our practical centric approach is widely accepted among students and recruiters who visit our campus regularly.
Apply for the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Course
GHRIET, one of the top Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Colleges in Nagpur offers a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering program for polytechnic students.
Name of Course
Medium of Instruction
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Placement and Internships
GH Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology is known for its successful internship programme. We help our students find the best internships at industry-leading companies that prepare them for a job in the future. Most of our interning students end up getting a job offer apart from immense experience out of these internships. Since internships are a compulsory component of a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, GHRIET works hard to get the best possible opportunities for its students whenever possible.
When it comes to campus placements, GHRIET is visited by the likes of Bosch, Tata Motors, Mercedes Benz, Ashok Leyland, Bridgestone and several local and international companies. This gives our students plenty of opportunities to pick from. Our Training & Placement cell helps students brainstorm on what career path they’d like to pursue to have a successful career. Furthermore, most of our students end up with multiple offers from visiting companies and thus get a flurry of options to choose from.
GHRIET also promotes a startup culture by encouraging students to start their ventures. Our faculty helps students build a successful idea and build around that and get funded in the future. The healthy culture around this has encouraged several startups from our campus with many more to come in the future.
Conclusively, GHRIET is among the most innovative Diploma in Mechanical Engineering colleges in Nagpur. Our state of the art facilities, incredibly knowledgeable faculty and healthy environment helps churn out one of the best graduates in the state. If you feel like you can make a difference in the field of Mechanical Engineering, the GHRIET is the place for you.
Labs & Video Lectures
Scheme & Syllabus
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering has an excellent syllabus in Maharashtra. GHRIET, Nagpur follows the trend and offers a syllabus that helps shape students’ minds to be more innovative and executive. The first two semesters in Diploma courses are common in every branch of Engineering. Here the students get to learn the basic concepts and laws of Engineering that are common everywhere. This helps students form a solid foundation for what follows in the next 4 semesters.
GHRIET, Nagpur offers an incredible and creative learning experience as students get to experience the syllabus not only in the books but also with practicals. The essence of a Polytechnic course is how it makes students exceptional with practical knowledge. And GHRIET Nagpur ensures that we uphold that essence in every way possible. Furthermore, we also offer our students elective courses and workshops in various subjects which help them explore other interests as well.