The Department of Mechanical Engineering from the day of its inception, has been taking long strides in the field of science and Engineering. One of the oldest and active departments anticipated the rapid developments in Technology and software and provided the most sophisticated laboratory facilities & excellent infrastructure. The department has well qualified dedicated enthusiastic teaching & technical staffs.
Mr.Vijay V Kale has done his Post Graduation in heat and Power Engineering from VNIT Nagpur and Graduation in Mechanical Engineering also from VNIT Nagpur. He work from 31 years in G H Raisoni Polytechnic, Nagpur during this he handled various different portfolio like acting Principal, Vice Principal, MSBTE Exam In-charge, MSBTE RAC In charge, He has authored papers in International and national journals/conferences in the area of Cost of Quality, Heat and Power. He is Associate Dean (Poly) and Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering (Polytechnic) of G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology (Autonomous), Nagpur.
He research in the area includes cost of quality, Heat and Power, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. He is recipient of Best Teacher Award. He has more than 30 years of teaching experience.
He plays very important role in academics activity of Polytechnic. He always tries to provide our students with a cheerful, productive and satisfying experience at all levels of their programme of studies so that they can explore the amazing world of Mechanical Engineering.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To ensure that, the diploma level education imparted in Mechanical Engineering constantly matches the objectives, defined by MSBTE to become globally competitive, technology led organization.
To provide diploma level education in Mechanical Engineering conforming to the norms defined by MSBTE, to assist industry & community, to face the changing technological and environmental challenges.
Programme Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Mechanical Engineering programme are designed to produce competent engineers who shall
Apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve technical problems.
Design and analyze a system component, or process to meet desired needs in Mechanical Engineering.
Design a system and conduct experiments to find suitable solution in the field of mechanical engineering.
Identify, visualize, formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of mechanical Engineering.
Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice with appropriate considerations for societal, and environmental constraints.
Apply their fundamental field skills towards the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions on the society in a global and social context.
Impart knowledge of contemporary issues about society and environment.
Apply ethical principles and responsibilities during professional practice.
Function on multi disciplinary teams as a team member/leader and create user friendly environment.
Communicate effectively in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal, team, and group environments.
Apply the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering projects.
Recognize the need for professional advancement by engaging in lifelong learning.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.