I welcome you all to First Year department of Diploma in Engineering and Technology. First Year Department, an integral and basic part of the college, imparts excellent and quality education in the areas of Applied Sciences, Humanities & Basic Engineering to the future technocrats of all streams.
To make students industry ready as well as to prepare them to face global challenges, students are groomed right from first year through hands on practice, projects, basic skill development programs, etc. The department supports extracurricular activities through various clubs such as sports/fitness club, photography club, quiz club, dance club, music club, singing club, arts and crafts club etc. Departmental forum has been established by the students for the extracurricular activities. This forum conducts various technical and cultural events regularly.
Adopts the Innovative Teaching-Learning Methods.
Use of teaching aids such as Charts, Models and LCD Projector.
Guest lectures by inviting eminent personalities from academic field or industries.
Lectures and training Programs on Soft Skills and Personality Development.
Emphasis on extracurricular activities.
Highly qualified and experienced staff.
Foreign Language classes (German, Japanese, French and Spanish)
He is pursuing his Ph.D. in Mathematics from G.H.Raisoni University, Amaravati and also done M.Sc. (Mathematics) & B.Ed. from Nagpur University.
He has 20 years teaching experience and 4.5 years industrial experience. He is also Counsellor for Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) in the subject of Mathematics since 2004. He is serving in the Raisoni Group of Institutions since 2001. During this tenure he handled various portfolios such as MSBTE Exam Incharge, Admission Incharge etc.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies and to create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
Our efforts are dedicated to impart quality and value based education to raise satisfaction level of all stakeholders. Our strength is directed to create competent professionals. Our endeavour is to provide all possible supports to promote research and development activities.
Programme Educational Objectives
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Mr. P.T.Dangore, Ms.S.B.Pandey and Ms. A.J.Nadgowda attended one week national level online FDP approved by DTE Maharashtra and MSBTE, Mumbai on Effective use of ICT tools in teaching learning process organised by Government Polytechnic, Malvan from 8 June 2020 to 12 June 2020.
Ms. S.B Pandey attended one week online FDP on Nano-science and Nano-technology- current perspectives organised by G.H.Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur in association with the Institution of Engineers (India), Nagpur Local Centre during 27 July 2020 to 1 August 2020.
Mr. P.T.Dangore, Ms.S.B.Pandey and Ms. A.J.Nadgowda attended one day national level awareness workshop on Outcome Based Education and Accreditation organise by G.H.Raisoni Institute of Engineering aqnd Technology, Nagpur
Student Achievements & Awards
Scored above 90% in MSBTE Exam of I year
Ms. Suhani Taran and Mr. Sudipto Bag (Mechanical Engineering)
Ms. Saniya Bhagat (Electronics and Telecommunication)
Ms. Pallavi Khare, Mr. Rohit Bongade and Neerav Satone (Computer Engineering)