Preparing our young professionals for the next steps may involve self-discovery, exploration, and skill development, honing their interviewing skills, and developing a timeline for how they will achieve their goals. The 4 keys areas of ROCS are:
- Self-Discovery : Learning about who you are and how you want to make an impact is a great place to begin. Careers that combine your skills, interests, values, and personality are usually a great fit.
- Exploration : Exploring your personal, academic, and career interests enables you to begin to develop career goals. Reflecting on experiences in your classes, internships, student groups, and community will generate many interesting options to consider and learn more about.
- Preparation : Preparing for your next steps may involve developing relevant skills. But it will also involve putting together a strong resume, learning how to write a cover letter, developing graduate school or fellowship applications, understanding the importance of networking, honing your interviewing skills, and developing a timeline for how you’ll achieve your goals.
- Action : Once you have some ideas about next steps, you’re ready to move forward!
Key Deliverables - NEW, BETTER & DIFFERENT
- Industry Need Analysis
- Competencies Employers Looking For
- CV Refinement, Mentoring, Aptitude
- SAR Stories
- Individualized Student Development Plan
- Integrated Approach - SEPA Concept
The key differentiator envisaged in ROCS is an INDIVIDUALIZED STUDENT DEVELOPMENT PLAN, which recognizes the fact that every student is special and his or her development needs are different from many others. ROCS works to educate, connect, and advise students about opportunities for summer and post-graduation in order to foster their intellectual, social, and personal transformations.