The Computer Science and Engineering program is an intellectually challenging discipline. The department mainly equips its students with undergraduate and postgraduate level expertise and appropriate skills in the field of computer science. The CSE department aims at nurturing a conducive upbringing for erudition and research by use of appropriate computing technologies in its everyday activities. Some of the areas of study are Data Structure, Algorithms, Database Systems, Operating Systems, Data science and AI. Online MOOCs (Swayam, NPTEL, Coursera etc) are also included in earning credits and reflected in grade card. Record number of jobs opportunities are there in computer science related field.
Workshops and Seminars are integral part of our academics programs and conducted regularly. It acts as means for students to deliberate on subject from technical to current affairs and even NPTEL videos are screened. As a need of industry, programming skills are being covered and evaluated more on practical oriented. Student-initiated clubs which are intended to generate curiosity in young minds and promoting intelligent designs to help solving some of the problems in our daily life. Organizing and conduction of technical events like Coder club, Code Puzzle, hackathon, etc. will enhance and showcase the coding abilities of the students.
Dr. Sonali Ridhorkar received her Ph.D. Degree from Computer Science & Engineering Department, G.H.Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur, RTMNU, Nagpur university and M.Tech(CSE) and
B.E (Computer Technology)degree from RTMNU,Nagpur. She Worked in G.H.Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur, 14 years. She has authored many papers in International and national
journals/conferences in the area of Cyber Security, Pattern Recognition ,Network Security ,Cryptography and Network security ,Wireless Communication, AdHoc Networking etc. Currently,
She is Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering of G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Technology (Autonomous), Nagpur.
Her research area includes cyber security, Computer system security, network security and Operating system. She is recipient of IEDC grant ,Best Teacher Award, Best Phd work Research
Paper Award at ICETET-13. She has more than 16 years of teaching experience. She has more than 60 publications in Indexed journals and conferences.
She has played crucial role in e-learning, virtual laboratory implementation at GHRCE, Nagpur She is member of IEEE and IFERP and serves on the editorial and review board of a
multitude of journals related to Computer Science. She believes in the fact that quality education is the key to developing a nation and in case we can percolate the same sentiment to
all the students and make learning fun by bringing innovation to it.
Vision, Mission, PEO, PO & PSO
To offer high quality undergraduate and post graduate programs, to train the students to match global standards in different aspects of computing discipline.
The mission of the department is to educate students and enhancing technical skills in the areas of computer science by providing best practices of teaching learning process for careers in software industry, higher education and research.
To promote research based projects/activities in the emerging areas of technology convergence.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO-I: Preparation: To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue post graduate and research educations in Computer Science
& Engineering discipline in particular and allied Engineering discipline in general.
PEO-II: Core Competence: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate,
analyse and solve engineering problems requiring knowledge of Computer Science & Engineering.
PEO-III: Breadth: To prepare students with engineering breadth to innovate, design, and develop software products and to contribute in providing
solutions related to multidisciplinary real life problems.
PEO-IV: Professionalism: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and team work to become a
PEO-V: Learning Environment: To provide students with an academic environment that makes them aware of excellence and Lifelong learning in emerging
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
PSO1: Apply fundamental knowledge of Computer Science and Engineering subjects, Identify, Formulate & Solve problems of various types of integrated
computer based systems as well as to interpret and synthesize the experimental data leading to valid conclusions.
PSO2: Design and code engineering problems using programming skills.
PSO3: Make use of acquired technical knowledge for qualifying in competitive examinations at various levels
Department established the Centre of Excellence as BOT Lab.
Department conducted 2 Days Workshop on BOT Training in collaboration with FACE Academy.
Department successfully organised a National Level Innovation and Design Competition RACKATHON-2020 where top 50 teams were invited to
participated out of 82 Teams.
Out of 10 final year students projects 9 projects are industry based project with co-guide from industries.
4 Five Days BSS workshop Conducted on IOT, Python, Adobe CC and Web Designing by in-house Faculties
Workshop conducted by industry Experts Mr. Atul Palandurkar & Mr.
Santosh Selokar on Java.
19 Guest Lectures by Industry and academicians were conducted.
8 Alumni Interactions were done.
7 reputed industries and research lab visits done for students.
Prof. Vikrant Chole won first prize in Chess Competition organised by
NEEV RGI group level event and competition.
Prof. Amit Pimpalkar, Prof. Sharda Chhabria, Prof. Vikrant Chole, Prof. Satish Pusdekar, Prof. Minakshee Chandankhede, Prof. Sandhya Dhage, Prof. Priyanka Gonnade received 8 Copyright from Copyright office, Govt. of India.
Prof. Amit Pimpalkar and Prof. Sharda Chhabria were Invited and delivered sessions as Expert for the BSS Training on AIML for Mechanical and Civil Council.
Dr. Vijay Gadicha, Prof. Tabassum Khan and Prof. Sharda Chabbria
completed module and received certificate for Hello Bot: Introduction to
Faculty members were attended various programmes for self-improvement and getting knowledge on recent technology, programme like, STTP, Workshop on technical topics, NPTEL courses, FDP, etc on recent areas of Computer Science from institute of imminence like IIIT, Nagpur, VNIT,
Department faculty member attended and publish their papers on various international/ national conferences and journals.
Students Achievements & Awards
Mr. Nimish Gote participated and won the first prize in Conquest
Quiz Competition organised by RTMNU, Nagpur
Mr. Makarand Samarth won first prize in Anatragni Quiz
Competition organised by GHRAET, Nagpur
Ms. Kajal Shrama won first prize in Anatragni Mehandi
Competition organised by GHRAET, Nagpur
Ms. Kajal Kukade of won 2nd price in technical event T-Tycon held
Mr. Mayank Badole and group won Fifth prize in Rackathon-2020
More than 25 students have participated in institute of imminence
like IIT, Mumbai, IIT Hyderabad, NITs.
More than 100 students Completed module and received certificate
for Hello Bot: Introduction to RPA.
Various students were participated to outside institute for
workshop, project, quiz, poster model making like competitions.
More than 30 students appeared for GATE-2020 Examination.
Department students had organized various club activities under
the Fine Art and Craft Club and Coders Club for the students.
Various activities organized under the departmental forum.